|Make a free digital slideshow|
Friday, December 24, 2010
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Still Holiday Shopping??????
Friday, December 17, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
- Poinsettias are native to Mexico- Chile, Peru, and Brazil. In those places, the plant has other names; Crown of the Andes & Flores de Noche Buena (Flowers of the Holy Night).
- Poinsettias botanical name is Euphorbia pulcherrima which means “very beautiful” –the plants belong to a family of plants that ooze a milk-like sap. This sap can be irritating to skin.
- When poinsettias grow in nature, they can be over 10 feet tall and are considered flowering shrubs. (This is in Mexico).
- Poinsettias were introduced to The United States in 1825 by Joel Poinsett, for whom the flower is named (in the U.S. only).
- The colored parts of the plant are the leaves or bracts. The flowers are in the center of each set of bracts. The freshest flowers have little or no pollen fallen from around their bracts.
- Contrary to popular belief, poinsettias are NOT poisonous. An Ohio State study found that a 50 pound child would have to eat over 500 bracts to get a mild stomach ache. This does not mean that you eat them, however! The Aztecs used this plant for medicinal purposes in the 1400s. However, I do not suggest you eat this plant for any reason!
- Poinsettias are the most popular holiday plant today. Most are grown in California at the Paul Ecke Ranch. There are over 100 different kinds!
- December 12th is National Poinsettia Day.
- There are legends associated with the poinsettia plant. Many stories and even a few movies tell these stories.
- It is debatable how the word poinsettia is pronounced. It is somewhat like the word tomato (having two separate pronunciations, acceptable).
- One of the best showings of poinsettias I've ever seen is at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania.
- Last December, I saw poinsettias growing like a hedge on the island of Maui!
- Although poisettias come in many colors, red is still most popular!
Monday, December 6, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Item of the Day for 11/19/10
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Good Morning! I know I usually do a Wordless Wednesday post but today I'd like to write!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
As some of you know, last month I offered a feature post giving a snapshot of what September was like for Carol's Jewelry Orchard! Today, albeit a few days late, I will offer the same post on the month of October 2010.
October was a good month with steady sales, bringing in one more sale than September for a total of 12!
I received a custom order for a bracelet in those 12 sales and the customer had this to say;
Just wanted to let you know that I received the bracelet today and it is "Beautiful".
I love it and you did a great job...........
Many Blessings to you,
This customer received her custom ordered TEACHER bracelet in less than two weeks after placing the order with me! Wow! In part, this was due to the speedy shipping of my supplier! Thanks, Artbeads! The custom bracelet is featured above and only contains Sterling Silver and Swarovski Crystals.
On the last day of October, I had a customer buy 4 pairs of earrings from my shop! She had placed an order for two pairs, two days prior to that, also! She is a new etsy shopper! Congratulations go to her for figuring out the Etsy/Paypal checkout system without difficulty! I upgraded her shipping to priority mail and gave a partial paypal refund on shipping fees. Please note the cool things that might happen when you buy from Carol's jewelry Orchard! She should be getting her earrings today or tomorrow! I can't wait to receive the feedback on those! And thanks to those of you who do leave feedback for your purchases! It is extremely important to me to hear that you are pleased with your purchases!
I also received 6 custom orders (not counted in the 12 sales for October) from family members. I have to admit that I haven't started these yet, due to being extremely busy with getting ready for my second annual Jewelry House Showing, next weekend! But, I have ordered the components I need for those orders! Rest assured they will get the orders well before they need them!
And finally, just in the last day or two; some of my jewelry has been featured on other blogs/links/treasuries. If you are in the mood for shopping, check this blog out for daily features from a forum thread called Item of the Day on Etsy. It features some wonderful deals from some very nice artists. The sale is only good for the day it is listed! http://christinemarieford.com/?p=668 Check it out daily! My Red Jasper Multi-stranded Bracelet was featured on 11/1/10. Check the post for that day to see it or visit my shop.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2010-10-26 01:47:40 UTC
Zoe; please contact me with your address, so that I may mail the fused glass necklace to you in honor of Breast Cancer awareness month! Again, congratulations!
Thanks to all who entered! Please continue to follow my blog for more musings on gardening, children, music, book, and of course, jewelry! Coming soon; my October Shop Snapshot! (How Carol's Jewelry Orchard did in October!)
Have a great evening!