Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Inspired by Travel......

A Belated Happy New Year! I hope 2010 is happy and successful for all my readers.

Have you ever been inspired by travel? I was able to start 2010 on the Hawaiian island of Maui! WOW! What a beautiful trip! The weather was absolutely perfect. Sunny skies, warm temps in the 80's and and crystal clear waters! It was a great way to start the new year.

Of course in getting ready for the trip I was a little frantic. Here is was the holiday season, I was selling and mailing items from my etsy store, baking, and trying to pack up my family for this wonderful vacation that awaited us. In the midst of all this, it was hard to find a time to create and I found my inspiration somewhat diminished probably due to the stress of it all. I am one of those people that like everything to be perfect! Anyway, I was looking forward to relaxing and being refreshed enough to create upon my return.

Travel can definitely inspire one's creative soul! Is it just the relaxation of it all, once you arrive at your destination or is it the scenery? For me, on this trip, it was both. I was unconnected to the internet, as I put my shop on vacation mode. This was a good thing, as I find myself compelled to work on my shop when I have access to my computer. And what can I say about the scenery that you don't already know about Hawaii? Absolutely, beautiful!

I have returned, created, and continued with a refreshed and renewed creative spirit.
Travel can inspire!

2 comments:

  1. I find that it depends on the type of travel for me. If its a very nature oriented trip, as much of my trips are, I get "island fever" (i.e. I want to drop everything and live the simple life) very quickly. I always come back with fond memories of simple beauty. :) Your Maui trip sounds like it was fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete