Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Promoting!!!! Me, Myself, and I!

Wow! What a beautiful day in Wisconsin!

The sun is out, it is going to be near 80 today! I've already been out in my gardens weeding!

I have decided to write about promoting! Promoting oneself, that is! This is something that has always been hard for me! Of course, when you are trying to sell something; promotion is absolutely essential. I'm learning how to do it, what works for me and what doesn't, and having some fun along the way!

First let me update you on one of my ventures from my last post! I spoke of creating a new line of sports necklaces for a local store. Well, that has gone extremely well. The owner and I have been in close contact and she has sold almost everything I took her. I am currently working on a second batch of necklaces for her shop! We both have been thrilled with the sales! Obviously,
I took a chance when I stepped into her shop in early March to "promote" my jewelry, but it was worth it (for both of us)!

I also bought ad space on a popular life style blog for the months of March, April and May. Now, almost half way through my paid time I can say that this has not been the best investment. The blog is beautiful and it has driven a little more traffic to my shop (1-2 persons/day) but that's all and no sales. Although I liked the thought of more visibility, this blog is apparently not the best place for my jewelry "promotions". However, I remain faithfully optimistic that it may change in the next six weeks! I am awaiting a feature segment on this blog and hopefully, that will help things along!

I also took advantage of an opportunity to have a feature on another blog if I was willing to give something away! So, starting the 18th, I will be featured on http://www.heavenlysavings.blogspot.com/
Please stop by and check out what Krista is giving away from my shop and others!

I guess I've always found self-promotion hard because it involves tooting one's own horn. And I was always taught; modesty is the best policy! But, if I do say so myself, I've had a great week.

These are the things that have happened this week (and yes, I'm tooting my own horn)!
1) Completed my first custom order on etsy! Yeah! You may view the Earthy Swarovski & Sterling SISTERS Bracelet next to my post!

2) Received a call from a shop that I previously had consignment jewelry in about viewing new pieces for direct sales!

3) Was approached about making custom labels for 2 stores by an ebay customer! She received a piece of my jewelry with one of my custom tags and was thrilled with the classiness and quality!

4) Selling Sports Necklaces as part of a new line at a local shop and receiving another order!

5) Receiving the nicest compliment from a repeat customer about my jewelry (working on getting permission to use as a testimonial)!

Well, as you can see, I am energized by things proceeding so nicely. Is it from self-promotion?
Some of the events are; some are just the result of consistently providing a high quality product, standing behind my work, great customer service, and networking! Or maybe, I'm just getting more comfortable and confident at self-promotion!

Thanks for stopping by to read my post! Have a great SUNNY week! Carol

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad it sounds like things are clicking for you
    best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, so much! I think my next post will be about spring
    gardening! Hope you "tune in". Carol

    ReplyDelete