Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Making Jewelry.....Back in the Groove!


Now that school is out and we are in the summertime groove, I have found more time to actually sit down and make some jewelry! Over the last week, I've made several new pieces that I really love.

Last weekend, I made several of my new wire wrapped rings. I found a tutorial on how to do these and I have to say; it takes a little practice, but I do like the results! I was able to make a delivery to a store that buys my jewelry locally. They liked the rings, too! So.....I am hoping for my first wholesale order from them. I will offer these rings in seasonal colors, so stay tuned if the colors I've picked aren't what you like. Check out the pictures!

I also made some really summery pieces; a turquoise shell necklace, a lava rock and shell necklace, and dichroic glass bracelet. See these pictures to the right! Clicking on any of them will take you to my shop!

So, with the glass being half full...I am back in the creative groove. This seems to come in cycles for me, as it does probably for most artists. If I am incredibly busy, as May seemed to be with volunteer obligations for me, the creative juices just don't seem to flow.

The empty side of the glass was that I posted many sales this past week (up to 35% off everything in my shop) and free shipping, yesterday, and had no sales! And I did promote; on craft cult for a week and on the etsy forums. Yesterday, I won an auction for a project wonderful ad spot on another artist's blog. I will need to be creative in finding some new advertisement. If there's any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks, and have a great week!


4 comments:

  1. I want to try making wire wrapped rings, it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Found you in the Etsy Forum. I'm a new follower. http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turquoise shell necklace is really nice.

    ReplyDelete