Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Sunday, June 20, 2010

You can go home again......

One of my favorite places to go when I make a visit home, as I did this last week, is Wegmans Supermarket. I grew up with this chain of supermarkets. They have grown and expanded over the last 30 or so years and to go there is really a shopping experience!

I have lived many places in the U.S. and have yet to find a Supermarket, as super as Wegmans!

You can find such a diversity of food, specialty items, homegrown produce, and even gift items! Their range of products under one roof is amazing!

I missed making a visit on my last trek home. I had made up my mind, that this time, I was not going to skip it......no matter what any well meaning family member had to say about finding good food or deals elsewhere! So, I made a concentrated effort to make a lengthy stop at the grocery store of my days gone by that obviously has a place in my heart (or stomach)!

On this visit; I picked up some Western New York specialty food items such as local cheese, mustard, and chicken wing sauces. And I was able to get some t-shirts, hawaiian micro-brewed beer, and locally made hot dogs to bring home with me. Each time I sample some of the food or wear the t-shirt, I'll experience a taste of home and some really fond memories of a great grocery store that I still miss....many years after moving away!

If you'd like to read more about the Wegmans supermarket chain; here are some links.....

And check out their menu magazine online at;

I was able to view the hard copy of this terrific kitchen supplement while on my visit! Tons of great, simple, and probably delicious recipes complete with wine and beer accompaniments!

And don't forget to check out my Etsy shop this week for some NEW jewelry postings at;

Thanks, Carol

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Hawaiian beer, that sounds interesting! I can totally relate, I go home every summer and it's so comforting to have the places around that you are familiar with. :o)

    ReplyDelete