Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Friday, July 2, 2010

Patriotic Music.....Always a part of the Fourth!



Well, in my post earlier in the week (page down to view), I spoke of listening to patriotic music.

Today, I was listening to two of my favorite patriotic CD's, pictured above. Both of these CD's have some beautiful music on them. The Ultimate Patriotic Album; God Bless America has anthems and all of the armed services songs or hymns. It starts with Yankee Doodle and ends with The Stars and Stripes Forever! A couple of my favorites are Simple Gifts and American Patrol. It is uplifting and quite classic in the presentation of this music....almost like you're at the National concert on the lawn of the capital in Washington, D.C.!

The Bostons Pops CD is another festive choice for this holiday weekend. Led on this CD by John Williams and Arthur Fiedler, this music is fun and uplifting. It features several by Aaron Copeland like Hoe-Down and Fanfare for the Common Man. He has to be a favorite composer of mine! Probably my favorites from this CD are This Land is Your Land by Woody Guthrie and 76 Trombones by Meridith Willson!

I could be wrong, but I somehow don't think there'll be many etsy shoppers this weekend. However, if the mood strikes you; or you just need to get out of the sun....I am offering FREE SHIPPING through 7/5/10 and have starting taking markdowns on select pieces of jewelry. You can check these out in my shop at; http://carolsjewelryorchard.etsy.com
Maybe you'll notice that I have a new banner! That's a story in itself!

The weather appears glorious here in the mid-west. Bright sun, Blue Skies, and Hot Temperatures. So, I guess I'm off the the grocery store for my watermelon!

Have a great 4th of July!
Carol

1 comment:

  1. I love to listen to patriotic music! Reminds me of marching in parades as a little girl! Enjoy the 4th!

    ReplyDelete