Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rocky Mountain High......

Hello!! If you follow my blog, you will have noticed that I did not post last week. My family took a vacation out West. There were two parts to this vacation. First, we visited Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands. Then, we went to Estes Park, Colorado. Both will be memorable for my family!

Colorado is beautiful. We went hiking almost daily in Rocky Mountain National Park! The weather was gorgeous and the humidity was low! I found that it is one of the few places I can go where my hair isn't a ball of frizz!!!!

The staff at Estes Park was very helpful in finding appropriate hikes for our family with younger school-aged children. On day one we hiked from the Bear Lake Trail head to Emerald Lake, seeing Nymph Lake and Dream Lake along the way. It was gorgeous! Of course, I took tons of photos!

Day Two took us to Alberta Falls and beyond, but we tired after being caught in a brief thunderstorm and did not make it all the way to Mills Lake. The thunderstorm was fun and scary at the same time. However, a side benefit was that many hikers headed down the mountain and I was able to get some unobstructed photographs of Alberta Falls.

Day three we did not hike. We needed a change of pace and spent the afternoon in the craft barn at the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park. We started some very cool projects, which will be a topic of another post!

Day four took us back to the Rocky Mountain National Park for more hiking. We chose to go on a hike that would take us to The Pool from the Fern Lake Trailhead.
This was a wooded hike but very lovely beside the Big Thompson River, where we cooled our feet on the return hike back to the trailhead.

I can't say enough about Rocky Mountain National Park. It is awesome and awe inspiring! The mountains are majestic and of course, rocky! All of the people we encountered were very respectful of the land and pleasant in passing! The rangers were visible and anxious to help provide you with a great experience!

I will be posting a few pictures from this trip (obviously)! You know by now that I love taking landscapes of the places I travel to. I am also very excited to tell you that right before we left on our trip, I sold my very first photography from my shop on Etsy. Here is the link;

This, along with the beautiful scenery I have recently witnessed, has inspired me to post and make available for sale more of my photography. At this time, you can view/purchase my photographs in my etsy shop at;

Please visit soon! Have a great day! Carol

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait until I get there next week (or so)! I'm so glad you liked it!! I wanna hear about your craft barn endeavors!! And as we have in the past (for instance, this house), we are following in your footsteps and hitting Mount Rushmore and the Badlands (and probably the Corn Palace) on the way out!
    (Susan not Todd)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! I'll be heading through the Canadian Rockies in the Fall, and I really hope I'll have the time to get some hiking in. The mountains are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are wonderful Wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete