Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Monday, September 13, 2010

A Great Fall Day!


Good Monday Morning!

Another Beautiful, Fall day is upon us here in Western Wisconsin! The sun is shining brightly and although it is cool and crisp right now, the weatherman promises a warm up to the mid-70's!

Just right for some fall gardening!

Last Wednesday, was a day very much like today. It was a great fall day! In the morning, my hubby and I went on a mini-road trip to Winona, Minnesota. He had heard of a restore (resale) place there and wanted to check it out. "What for?", I asked. "I'm looking for windows", he replied! Well, we aren't building a house or cabin at the present time. So, I had a feeling I knew what the window search was for. It was for a solar heater for his barn woodshop! He had built one a few years ago and it does a great job, now he wants to make another or maybe a solar kiln!

The morning turned out to be well spent! The restore, as it happens, is associated with habitat for humanity. We did find two, brand new, large (4 ft. by 4 ft) windows. We bought them! They were even on sale. And we were able to help out a good cause in the process; Habitat for Humanity! Wow! What a thrill! At one point in our lives, we did a lot of hunting for bargains at this type of store. We had renovated a Federal Period house and that took a lot of hunting, due to a fixed budget. However, it turned out lovely. And I had forgotten how fun it was to "rummage" for a "good find". I'm sure that the solar kiln and/or heater will turn out well, too!

The day was so beautiful that in the afternoon, I planted over 50 spring bulbs and 8 mum plants. Although, I've been a gardener for many years, the last time I planted that many bulbs in one sitting was about 10 years ago! I was digging in sandy soil then. Now, it's clay soil. But this was a new garden bed with fresh topsoil! It was a dream to plant in! I even used my "antique" bulb planter that I've had forever and never used! It worked so well!

So, I'm up for another day like last Wednesday!
Here's hoping we all have a Great Fall Day!
Carol

And don't forget to check out my shop! I have been adding some new creations and things are picking up for the holidays, so don't miss out! http://carolsjewelryorchard.etsy.com

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful day!

    I printed out instructiosn for a solar heat panel last year after we had 9 1`/2 days with no heat! Did I make it??? Nope! :-)

    Have a great day! I hope you'll stop by my bog too.

    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com
    <><

    ReplyDelete