Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How's everyone doing with all the snow? Good deeds!

February 1st! Already! This school year seems to be moving along so quickly! My kids cannot believe it is already the first of February! But at the same time, this winter seems very long!

Snow, snow, and more snow! Everywhere! For everyone!

We left the snow-filled, high-drift, lake-effect filled winters of Western New York many years ago. This year, in Western Wisconsin, is the snowiest winter we can remember in a decade.

I thought I'd pass on a "feel" good story, after I posted a complaining one over last weekend.

This morning, we woke up with drifts all over the driveway (we have a long, driveway). My husband went out to snowplow. It was clogged with ice. My teenager needed to go to school! It was 6:45am. They left in the truck, a 4x4 Ford....but went off the driveway; pulled aside by a drift and got stuck! I was going about my routine and thought they were gone.

About ten minutes, later I realized they were stuck in the driveway, 3/4 of the way down. A snow plow was stopped at the end of our driveway. An accident? I wondered. No. In the next minute, this unknown plow driver plowed us out! He was offered money. He refused. My husband came back in, got our van, and took our teenager to school!

Wow! Niceness still exists! Thank you Mr. Unknown Plow Driver! You made our Day!
We will be sure to Pay - It - Forward! Thanks for reading! And Stay Warm!
Carol

2 comments:

  1. Angels in the snow :) what a nice thing for him to do your hubby!

    ReplyDelete