Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What do you do on a snowy day in late April?





What do you do during a snow storm in April?

Well, yesterday I had to ask my self that very question! It was April 19th and it snowed and snowed! We ended up getting about 4-6 inches. It drifted, so it was hard to tell. But, boy did it come down! Early on, I decided that I was just going to stay home and get some things done! What a smart decision!

Here is what I did during our April Snow storm;

1) I made several new pieces of jewelry! Visit these listings in my etsy shop to see the new pieces in detail.



I did some computer work. I photographed some new pieces of jewelry and posted them. I am especially proud of the rainforest piece, as I feel it was inspired by a need for green and plants, yesterday, on a snowy April day! I have had the components for a while. But yesterday, I seemed to know exactly what to do with them!

2) I caught a deer running through our yard, during the snow fall. He paused briefly in our front yard, before running across the street! I was thankful that he didn't stop to munch on the fruit trees we have in our home orchard! Luckily, I had my camera in hand, so I was able to get some pictures of him/her!

3) I made a pound cake. Not from scratch....just a box. But I had frozen sour cherries we had picked from our own fruit trees that I thawed and made a delicious topping for the pound cake. Everyone enjoyed that for desert after dinner....at which time it was still snowing!

4) I caught up on some laundry and computer work.

5) I spoke with a friend on the phone that I haven't talked with in a few years!

6) I sold four pieces of jewelry! Yeah!

7) And finally, after dinner, I went outside to snap some photographs of our yard in April during the snowfall. It was cold. It was gray. It was wet. It was ugly.
However, all in all, I enjoyed my day and felt like I accomplished a lot!

But the snow is a little much! I can't wait for Spring!
Have a wonderful Holiday Week!
Carol

17 comments:

  1. Great photo's!! We had snow last weekend too - about 3 inches. It's mostly gone now. I am soooooo ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uniquecozytreasures says: Carol this snow scene looks like Northern Iowa yesterday... Help...will spring ever be here to stay(lol). Looking forward to warmer weather and NO snow! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I usually do is pout and eat potato chips or something. I remember a terrible blizzard one mothers day, not at all welcome.
    At least you made good use of your time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really know how to use a snow storm to full advantage! I wish I could get that motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss snowy days. They were always a good excuse to cozy up on the couch and wacth old movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great productive day! Hope the sun is shining for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, congrats on the sales and new creations. It rained and hailed by us.

    Spring will come, won't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. you had quite the productive snow day! and neat o about deer in your yard, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, I can't believe how much snow you have! It is rainy and yucky here... truly april showers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unfortunately it snowed here on Monday too. I used this time inside and took lot of pictures and get them ready to list in my shop this week.
    I like the blue necklace:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uggh. Glad you made the best of it but I want nothing to do with any more snow this year....

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous of the snow!!! I love love love snow. Can never have enough! Last year we had 2 blizzards one week apart, everyone was so sick of snow and I wanted another blizzard LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful!!! it doesnt snow here in LA!!! I want some bring me some!! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you still have snow! But you've made a great productive day out of it :) I love the second photo of the plants through the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, you had a highly productive day!! can you send some motivation my way???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like my snow day!!! Feels so nice to get things done!

    ReplyDelete