Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Solstice...2011

Hello! Happy Summer Solstice!

Today is the longest day of the year! Enjoy the daylight into the evening!

Please view my previous post; I am still waiting for more readers to vote on what I should write about next on my blog! Right now, it looks like I'll be writing about sight seeing in Washington, D.C. (while there last week).

I hope to shed more light on the National Park in D.C. than an article I just read this morning in the recent issue of National Geographic Traveler. The author wrote about walking around the park and briefly, touched on what he saw; claiming the park needed our help. I might be inclined to agree but he didn't give the reader any more to go on than one example of buses emptying out school children at the Washington Monument and not having enough bathrooms. I can think of so much more to say!

Our trip to DC was wonderful. Suffice it to say, that there is a lot to take in during a visit there and we found the city friendly and very clean! The Metro rail (which we relied on all week) was actually fun, if not a little crowded at times!

I hope you tune in to read what probably will be a series of posts on our Nation's Capital!

In the meantime, please visit my etsy shop, as I am posting more new pieces, daily!
http://carolsjewelryorchard.etsy.com

~ Carol~

1 comment:

  1. I used to live right outside DC. We used to take the kids to the National Zoo, via the Metro. Christmas time is beautiful in DC, too! Trees decorated for every state. So pretty! I haven't been back there for nearly 20 years, I bet some things have changed, a lot.

    ReplyDelete