Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bringing you Up to Date....It's been a while!





Hello! Wow, it has been a while since I blogged! The summer season has been busy, busy, busy! Not so much with my jewelry (but that has been steady in July), but with trips, kids activities, and family visits!

I never finished posting articles about my trip to Washington D.C. in June. I will get back to that at some point! Of course, I have more pictures to show off, as well!

We returned home from the Florida Keys on Tuesday. We were there for a week, at a wonderfully relaxing resort. The weather was fabulous and the photographs I took there are stunning (if I do say so myself)! I'll be writing about that experience, as well.

Yesterday, I went to a wonderful local art show (juried) called Art Fair on the Green on the University of Wisconsin, La Crosse campus. This event has grown so much over the last few years! My husband was juried in for his fine wood furniture he crafts. However, due to a schedule conflict he was unable to participate! The good thing is that he is juried in for the next two summer shows as well. It will be a great exposure for him. I applied to this show as well but was not accepted this year. The reason? Well, the reason is that they already have many jewelry artists that are making beaded jewelry. So, just like Etsy, the market here is glutted for jewelry! I went to be somewhat of a spy....to see what jewelry artists were accepted by the jury. I agree that it was not the quality of my work, just that they already had many, many jewelry booths! I am working on new pieces; incorporating my photographs into the jewelry and believe that will set my work apart. I will continue to apply to this show, until I am accepted. The opportunity will eventually present itself, as the jewelry artists have to be re-juried in after their three years in the show. I would hope the show organizers would want some new "blood".

Finally, I just completed a custom set of Bridesmaids Jewelry for a woman in Maryland. Her wedding is in the fall and she contracted with me (through etsy) to make two sets of Navy Blue Swarovski Pearl Bracelets and Earrings. They are shown in the above pictures. Other custom work I finished this summer was a horse pendant necklace on leather. These have been a popular item for my shop. Enjoy the pictures!

I have moved most of my pearl jewelry over to my own website at;
Some still remains on my etsy site at;
If you are interested in what bridal or classic style pearl jewelry I already have made you may view those pieces on the first website I listed.


Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this Sunday! Mine is sunny and warm. I hope yours is too!
~ Carol ~

2 comments:

  1. Those bracelets are gorgeous!!!

    www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Carol! I'm sure you will be selected to participate for the next round!

    Can't wait to see/hear about your vacation to the Keys. I live here and haven't been down that far! LOL

    ReplyDelete