Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th....Emotions rise easily.







Good Sunday Morning! I am trying to get back into my groove of posting on Wednesdays and Sundays, minimum. I think I had one extra post last week. I know I have a lot to write about.

However, I think I must write about the anniversary our Nation is remembering today. It is certainly not a celebration. Except 9-11 is a day we all must never forget. Friday night, we watched one of the specials on the events of 9-11, ten years ago. I remember exactly what I was doing, as does probably everyone who is old enough to have memories of that time. What struck me was how easily the emotions came back! Before I knew it, I was choking back tears of sadness for our country and especially for those who lost their lives that day or the lives of a loved one in that fateful attack.

What also struck me was the extreme bravery of so many ordinary people. Family members recounting the events on Flight 93 was especially revealing to me. Where, in us, does this bravery reside? These were ordinary people that most definitely gave their lives for others and for our freedom. Exactly like all the emergency responders who were killed trying to save those in the towers.

There are a lot of lessons to be learned from 9-11. We have spend considerable time over the weekend sharing some of the memories we have from that day/time with our children. One of my children was less than a week old at the time! How could I not wonder what kind of world I had brought this baby into?! I think they all have a better understanding from watching some of the television footage from that day and our discussion.

So, in remembrance of our nation's founding fathers and principals AND the bravery of so many, enjoy some more of my pictures from our Washington DC trip in June of this year. And know I am thankful it all still exists, both in a philosophical and physical form.

God Bless the USA.
Carol

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post, and beautiful pictures.
    ~Kim
    from Blogging Buddies team

    ReplyDelete