Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The story of too many supplies.







Good Morning!
Today, my goal is to come up with a couple of new creations. Recently, I've been focusing on custom orders (like the lanyard above), but now I want to get back to creating something more original. I just completed this unique piece in picture number 3 above, combining the romance of pearls and the toughness of industry with washer-like beads/rings. I love how it turned out! Different. Inspired. The earrings pictured are a new original creation of mine, too! You can visit their complete descriptions and listings here;


If you visit my shop, you'll also notice a new section. I bought some beads for a special order. They are called zebra shell beads due to the appearance of being striped. They were for an order for 6 bridesmaids necklaces fashioned after the one you see here (still available in my shop).


Unable to find the amount of beads I needed on etsy, or from my other suppliers, I ended up ordering them direct from a supplier in China! I was glad I found them, but I had to buy 23 strands of them to get what I needed, due to it being a wholesale site. Unfortunately, the pinks do not match the original necklace or the piece of fabric this bride sent me. So, now I have tons of these pink/black shell beads. They are a very bright fuchsia pink. Lovely, but just not the right color. Fortunately, the bride has been just awesome about this and I am still commissioned to make her bridesmaids necklaces, that will now be an original creation. Since I have the fabric, I will probably be buying the beads locally (if I can find any) to be sure they match. The whole point of this paragraph, however, is to let you know that my new shop section will be for some detash.....including these beads!

As anyone who beads seriously knows, there comes a point when you just have too many supplies. I guess I have reached that point. So, stop by my destash section and take a look. You'll never know what you'll find.

The new section also includes some origami discs made by a ten year old to raise money for a charity. The story is there on the origami listing. I hope some kind hearted people take advantage of this offer, too!


Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to start one of my new creations!
~Carol~

5 comments:

  1. It's the same with knitters, there comes a point when we have more yarn than we know what to do with.

    www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SleighGirl, I can imagine it is true of most crafters. I've never had a destash after 8 years of making jewelry. I feel a little weird about it but I'll never be able to use all this pink/black beads, even with making a creation or two from them. So, I thought I'd give it a try.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean. People hate helping me move. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You must either have a lot of stuff or move a lot! Thanks for stopping by. I'll have to stop by your shop/blog Stubborn Dog! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. I can definitely relate!
    Laura

    http://dishfunctionaldesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete