Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Positive Thought!

Do you ever find that you are mired down with negative thoughts? Recently, I've realized that this part of my character has changed over the years. I used to be such a positive thinker and optimist. Now, I find that I spend much of my day thinking negatively, which in turns leads to complaining about things, people, events, etc. I have always been very introspective and realize that this change in my character has been influenced by jobs, life experiences, contact with other persons, and mostly, what I choose to focus on.

Now, I'd like to be clear and say that if I am complaining about something, I usually am also taking action to resolve the complaint. For example, if I find a need; I try my best to fill that need. That has led to a large amount of volunteerism, on my part. I find that I really enjoy volunteering and know that I am helping to resolve a complaint or fill a need. That, indeed, is a positive action!

However, I really would like to become more positive in my thoughts. I know I don't want to become a "polly-anna" type but just see the world with a more positive attitude. I know this will take a conscience effort to accomplish, but I am willing to try! So, the other day at dinner, my entire family decided to make a pact to become more positive thinkers!

I have posted a "Be Positive" sign on our refrigerator and discussed all this with my husband and children. We will all make a concentrated effort to not complain. We are blessed in our lives and have many, many things to be thankful for. We know that. Our negativity comes mostly from impatience with the world and how it works, these days. It is sometimes hard to keep your chin up when you are feeling like "nice guys finish last" or you contribute your time to an event only to find your work was "undone" by someone else. But, I think we are committed to this new way of thinking and will definitely make an effort to recognize someone or something that is nice, instead of nasty!

There are many positive quotes available on the internet today! I plan to regularly view these and post some here and on my refrigerator to remind my family to BE POSITIVE!

Here is a quote I found that is particularly helpful to our start on this journey;

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
- Dr Wayne Dyer

So, on that positive note; I am happy to let you know that February 2012 was one of my best months ever for my etsy shop! I had nine online orders, three custom orders via direct sales, and 9 wholesale sales to a local shop! Thanks, everyone!

I am continuing to add many more spring items; please stop by and see what new creations I have for Spring 2012! Have a GREAT week!

~CAROL~

2 comments:

  1. Great post! This post reminded me to think positively. What a great way to start the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job sticking with the etsy shop. I love your self realization and hope you can refind your joy

    ReplyDelete