Capitol City Visit

Capitol City Visit
Madison Wisconsin

Friday, September 28, 2012

What's recharging my batteries????

Well, hello!

If you read my post from a couple of weeks ago, you'll note that at the end I promised to let you know the outcome to my being overwhelmed by my volunteer activities in our school district and community!

What's recharging my batteries?  The answer is writing!  

Shortly after my last post, I saw an advertisement for a short story contest offered by NPR or National Public Radio.  Three minute fiction.  The topic of your writing had to include a US President!  After thinking of my idea for a few days, I sat down and wrote it up in 45 minutes!  The words just easily flowed on to my computer!  Good thing because by the time I saw the advertisement, I only had a week left to make my submission.  So, on Sunday, 9/23/12, after about 7 edits, I submitted my story!  

It was fun. It was useful!  It made me feel good!   My kids liked the story!   My batteries were recharging!

So, on Tuesday, I contacted the teacher who organizes the third grade writer's circle for me.  Yes! Yes, I told her!  I am sure I still want to hold a writer's circle this year!  I am excited to know that in less than a week, I will find out what 6 third graders I'll be writing with this year! For the last two years, we've done units on poetry, persuasive writing, narrative writing, and more.  For the last two years, the student's with me have had their poetry accepted to be published by the National Schools Project!  

For the first time, in a while; my batteries are charging and more is going in that is coming out!  I think I'll keep it this way for now!  

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to stop in tomorrow, 9/29/12, for an announcement about a giveaway from my Etsy shop!

Carol

1 comment:

  1. The words just easily flowed on to my computer! Good thing because by the time I saw the advertisement,

    HP laptop battery

    ReplyDelete